Book a Field Trip
Educator's Field Trip Guide
Bringing Your Class to the Fort
First-hand encounters with the past inspire students to learn more about our history, while supporting important in-class learning objectives. Field trips where students see, hear, smell and touch life in another century are great ways to instill a life-long love of history in your students. Field trips include an animated guided tour of our centuries-old fortifications and an audience with a soldier who demonstrates the workings of a flintlock musket.
Click here for information on Fridays on the Frontier: http://www.oldfortniagara.org/event/100086/fridays-on-the-frontier?session_id=100021
Reservations and Cost
To reserve your school group tour, call (716) 745-7611 and tell us:
- The date and time of your anticipated visit
- Group size and age level
- School name and contact information (contact person, group leader, address, phone number and email address)
- Number of classes in your group
- Special needs
We will send you a confirmation of your field trip reservation.
School group rates are $7.00 per person. One teacher/chaperone admitted free per 10 students. Admission is payable the day of your visit. Call us at (716) 745-7611 for other payment arrangements. The day of your visit, please have one person pay for the entire group.
Things you should know before your visit
- Please notify us of changes in your arrival time, etc.
- Reserved groups who fail to arrive without notification are billed for tourguide costs.
- Have your class dress for the weather
- Wheelchairs are available on a first-come, first-served basis. For those unable to climb stairs, a virtual tour of the Fort is available on a laptop on a first-come, first-served basis.
- School groups may eat a bagged lunch on the premises
- How to find us click here.
Once you are here
- Restrooms are located in the Visitor Center and next to the French Castle inside the Fort
- Our Museum Shop offers a full range of publications and souvenirs
- Please keep your group together and follow the instructions of your docent.
Educational Immersion Programs
Old Fort Niagara offers a variety of hands-on and overnight programs that allow students and scout groups to experience the past. Click on the Education icon at right to explore these programs.
Hours of Operation
The Fort is open year round with the exception of New Years Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- Jan - June 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- July - Aug - 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Sept - Dec - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Please note: Ticket sales end 30 minutes before closing time.
Support the Fort
Old Fort Niagara is operated by the Old Fort Niagara Association, an independent, not-for-profit organization established in 1927. We do not rely on tax dollars. Instead, the Fort is funded through a combination of admission fees, museum shop sales and charitable contributions.